An opportunity for you to make the most of your professional talents.
Guidelines for consecutive interpreter/simultaneous interpreter applicants
|Registration languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, other|
|Registration skills||Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting|
|Interpretation contents||Language staff for meeting interpretation, press conference interpretation, training and seminar interpretation, business consultation interpretation, in-house interpretation, group tour and inspection interpretation, broadcast interpretation, international conference interpretation, exhibitions, etc.|
|Application requirement||-At least three years of actual interpreting experience
|Application period||At any time|
|Application documents||Please submit your resume, a summary of professional experience and samples of actual interpreting work (formats of your choice) as e-mail attachments|
|Registration examination||After examining the submitted documents, A&People will ask qualified applicants to take an interpreting skills test and sit for an interview. Successful applicants will be registered as interpreters based on the results.|
Translators and Interpreters Registration Process
1. Applicant submits application documents.After preparing the documents required for application, please submit them as e-mail attachments.
* For the e-mail subject, type "Request for translator registration" or "Request for interpreter registration".
Request for translator registration: Resume, professional history, examples of actual translations
Request for interpreter registration: Resume, professional history, examples of actual interpretation
* You may use a document format of your own choosing.
* Application documents will not be returned.
2. A&People contacts qualified individual after screening documents.After screening an application, we will inform the applicant whether he or she is qualified. Qualified applicants will be asked to take a second test as outlined below.
We will send a required translation trial document + a selection trial document. Applicants must complete and return both tests within one week including Saturday and Sunday.
* There is no fee to take the trial translations.
●Interpreters/Interpreter skill test + interview
An interview date will be set. After arriving at A&People’s offices, the applicant will take an interpreter skill test and sit for an interview.
* Applicants are responsible for their own travel costs for the second test.
3. Applicant completes the registration procedure after qualification.An individual who fulfills A&People’s skill requirements as a result of the second test will be asked to submit the following registration documents to complete the registration.
Consent Form (Agreement with A&People)
* A&People will send the form to the applicant, which the applicant must return to A&People after completing.
* When informing applicants who do not qualify as a result of either the document screening or the second test, A&People does not provide an explanation regarding the reasons it does not register individuals. Your understanding is appreciated.
Use of applicants' personal information
- For qualifying applicants and informing them of the results.
- For reference information pertaining to professional experience and capabilities to accomplish specific activities, in order to assign appropriate projects. For interpreter registrations, in some cases we may provide this information to other parties placing orders with us for consignment activities.
- For delivery of materials related to accomplish activities and for various reporting.
* We promptly delete the personal information of applicants who are not registered. Submitted documents are retained for a maximum period of six months.
Inquiries concerning employment