Consecutive or Simultaneous interpreters
|Languages of interest||All|
|Requested skills||Consecutive and/or simultaneous interpreting|
|Sample engagements||Meetings, press conferences, training/seminars, business consultation, group tours, broadcasting, exhibitions, etc.|
|Prerequisites||-At least three years of actual interpreting experience
|Application deadline||Rolling (apply any time)|
|Required documents||Resume (in Word or PDF) with a summary of professional experience as email attachments|
|Interview Process||After examining the submitted documents, A&People will ask qualified applicants to take an interpreting skills test and sit for an interview. Successful applicants will be registered as interpreters based on the results.|
Application Checklist & Overview
1. Submit your application documents.* For the e-mail subject, type "Request for translator registration" or "Request for interpreter registration".
Request for translator registration: Resume, professional history
Request for interpreter registration: Resume, professional history
* Document format of your own choosing.
* Application documents will not be returned.
2. Receive notice from screening.After screening an application, we will make a decision on qualification. If you are deemed “qualified”, you will be asked to take a second test as outlined below.
We will send a general test and trial documents. Applicants must complete and return tests within seven days (including weekends and holidays).
* There is no fee to submit the trial translations.
▪Interpreters/Interpreter skill test and interview
An interview date will be set. After arriving at A&People's offices, the applicant will take an interpreter skill test and sit for an interview.
* Applicants are responsible for their own travel costs for this second test.
3. Complete the formal registration.An individual who fulfills A&People's skill requirements based on the assessment of the second test will be asked to submit or agree to the following to complete the registration:
Consent Form (Agreement with A&People)
* A&People will send the form to the applicant, which the applicant must promptly fill out, sign, and return to A&People.
* When informing applicants who do not qualify as a result of either the document screening or the second test, A&People does not provide an explanation. Your understanding is appreciated.
Use of applicants' personal information
- For informing qualified applicants of their results.
- For reference information pertaining to professional experience and capabilities to accomplish specific activities, in order to assign appropriate projects. For interpreter registrations, in some cases we may provide this information to other parties placing orders with us for consignment activities.
- For delivery of materials related to executing assignments and for various reporting.
* We promptly delete the personal information of applicants who are not registered. Submitted documents are retained for a maximum period of six months.